Interested in developing a community around the Duncraig Edible Garden?
As you may know, the Duncraig Edible Garden is run solely on volunteer power and right now we need your help in order to keep the garden alive and growing in a permaculture way. We are recruiting volunteers to take on various roles at the Duncraig Edible Garden, from the most “ad hoc” task to the more “prestigious” committee position (and everything in between). Examples of tasks that need to be allocated are:
- Horticulturist (to answer the many questions we get)
- Committee member
- Special event committee member (special projects, events or workshops)
- Watering roster (especially during the hot summer months)
- Morning tea roster for gardening days, in rotation
- Set up and/or pack up on gardening days, in rotation
- Help with flyer distribution to local shopping centers’ notice boards and local schools
By being actively involved ‘behind the scenes’ with the Duncraig Edible Garden you will not only join a group of like-minded people but you’ll also contribute to improving the quality of life in your own community. We want Duncraig Edible Garden to not only survive and thrive but also to be a project that belongs to the community itself.
If you are interested in being actively involved with Duncraig Edible Garden in one form or another please contact us using our contact us form or simply come along one Saturday to meet us. We’d love to hear from you.